StopWrex: Distracted Driving Program.
Highlights for Educators – Creating an engaging Distracted Driving as part of your student curriculum
The power ofimaginationattentionpassionactioninfluencecan save lives!
Introduction to the StopWrex Don’t Drive Distracted program
- Who is this for?
- This guide is for school leaders, counselors, and educators who seek an inspiring school program that is 100% run and managed by students.
- Distracted Driving is an important initiative to address at the secondary school level and the StopWrex program provides a simple framework for you to inspire students to be solid community leaders and is a program that motivates students to participate.
- Why create a Distracted Driving program at your school?
- Please review the following guide, which is intended for your students, but highlights the importance of a distracted driving program.
- These talking points are important to establish a baseline of communication with your students and why they would take the initiative to build a program:
- II. The Positives of Building a “Don’t Distracted Drive Program”
- The actual Don’t Distracted Drive – 3D program for your students is outlined here:
- III. The StopWrex Don’t Drive Distracted, 3D, program.
- What this program overview covers
- The Distracted Driving problem
- The importance of taking action as an educator.
- Involving parents and the community
- Next steps to success
- After your review, it’s time to take action and work with your students!
- Bring another colleague along to partner with and become a co-mentor.
- Perhaps you’ll create a project for extra credit for students in your class. From math (statistics), social studies (community impact), to football, band, choir or orchestra (a team building exercise) can you find an angle that will encourage your students to participate?
- More information will be provided to create a step-by-step process for students to follow after you review these materials and establish the involvement of students.
New course material is coming soon!